|Plus NYE is a great excuse to wear whatever you have that has sparkles on it :)|
Along with a new year comes new resolutions. I was asking my good friend (that cute one in the photo above in fact) if she had any new years resolutions and she told me that she doesn't do resolutions but sets goals for herself instead. I like the way goals sound so I'm going with that. Here are a few of my fitness/healthy living goals for this year:
1. NO fast food: Yep, none...no late night McFlurry's or french fries from McDonald's for this girl. This won't be too difficult since I rarely eat fast food anyways but this year will be the year to banish it for good!
2. NO bread or pasta products: I haven't mentioned on this blog yet but I've pretty much been doing this for a couple months now and I feel amazing! No more stomach issues, I feel lighter in general and never feel bloated or weighed down after meals. I haven't been eating grains either but I don't want to include them since I know some grains are really good for you and I like to include them sometimes.
3. Run a sub 2 hour half marathon: This will happen this year during one of my two half marathons or I'll just sign up for more half marathons until I do :).
4. Do a pullup: Just one pullup is all I ask, unassisted, just my body weight. I've been working hard using Jamie Eason's LiveFit trainer and I'm definitely stronger, but still not quite at a pullup yet. This goal will help me to remember to do strength training along with running as well.
5. Get more involved with Girls on the Run: I was a running buddy last year and it was an amazing experience. I volunteered at the winter 5K a couple months ago and was introduced to a couple ladies that I'm anxious to get more involved with helping. I'm kicking off this goal by going to an auction committee meeting next week to see what I can do.
I think that is enough to focus on for the year in addition to a couple other personal goals I have. I'll be back next week with my plan for the Mercer Island half marathon on March 25. For now I will leave you with the most amazing sunrise this morning...and yes this is my view from my office. It literally lasted about 5 minutes and then the sky went dark before it even got light and has been pouring ever since...oh Seattle!