Thursday, January 12, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Link Edition

Another 2012 goal...try to consistently do a Three Things Thursday!  This week's is three links I've come across this week that you should check out:

1. Blueberry Protein Muffins: I'm ALWAYS skeptical of how things like this will taste.  With only 70 calories a muffin how could these possibly taste delicious and moist and even a bit buttery when there is no butter or oil?  But, they are delicious!  I substituted Splenda for the Xylitol (I don't even know what that is) and vanilla extract for almond extract.  If you aren't used to Splenda I would recommend doing half sugar half Splenda and go from there.  Next time I think I'll try using half oat flour and half whole oats to give it more texture.
worst food pic ever but I promise these are yummy!

2. Race Medal Debate:  The Runner's Kitchen is literally the first running blog I started reading and following and up until today I always enjoyed the posts.  While this is a guest post, I'm sure Megan agrees with Sara.  Go read it for yourself and let me know what you think.  Personally, I love my race medals and think of them as a personal accomplishment, not that I actually WON the race...well I WON it for me and that is all that matters.
That orange polka dot one is my favorite...homemade with love from my running pal Stacey when one half marathon we completed didn't have finisher medals!

3. Organic Authority website: You would think of all the internet stalking I do I would have known about this site but a good friend brought it to my attention this week and while I've only stalked it for about 20 minutes so far I love everything on it and have already marked a couple recipes for a dinner party I'm hosting next weekend.  Check it out!!
source
Question: Do you treasure all of your race medals and bibs?  I admit I usually toss medals from 5 and 10K's but I keep all my bibs and try to remember to write my race times on each.

1 comment:

Ali Mc said...

lol I have on medal and bib...so yes, they are very treasured...I don't know what I'll be like when I had a stock pile like you and DAMN gilr I want one of those muffins!