Monday, January 30, 2012

I Ran Outside!

Breaking news...I finally ran outside again!  TWICE last week!  And I actually think all that treadmill running has made me faster outside.  In other news, my knee has still been bothering me, mostly when I bend it, so I'm didn't lift leg weights last week and plan on taking it light this week to test it out.  But all this speedy running has definitely been working my quads so I'm still feeling the burn. And good news is that my knee doesn't hurt when I run.

Last week went down like this:

January 23-29, 2012

Monday: Back, Abs and Cardio - CHECK - Ran 3 miles on the treadmill with a speedy mile in the middle
Tuesday: Chest, Calves and Cardio  - CHECK - I think I did the elliptical but I don't remember
Wednesday:  Arms, Abs and Cardio  - Ran outside with my friend instead and we covered 4.75 miles including a large HILL
Thursday:  Shoulder and Cardio - Arms, Abs and Cardio - Cardio was 45 minutes on the bike
Friday: Attempt Legs depending on my knee - Shoulder and Cardio - I was at the gym at 5AM for this workout, I felt so accomplished :)
Saturday:  7 mile run...super speedy for me and it felt great!  1:03:00 - 9:03 pace
Sunday: REST!

Last week was my last official week of the LiveFit trainer but I'm just going to go back to the beginning and do the weight routines in order to keep up the hard work I've already done. The first phase was all about weight lifting and NO CARDIO but I'm going to do the lifting and add cardio when I need to run.  My number one goal this time around is to record what I lift so I can see how much I improve.  I always do a great job in the beginning of a weight program but then get lazy so I never really know how much I've improved except for the fact that I can now do twice as many regular pushups as before and I don't actually die when trying to complete more than 1 tricep pushup :).

This week will hopefully look like this:

January 30 - February 5, 2012

Monday: Chest & Tricep + 3 mile on the treadmill with some sort of intervals thrown in there
Tuesday: Back & Bicep + some sort of cario
Wednesday: Run with Carol - she wants to attempt 6+ miles so I'll probably consider this my long run for the week
Thursday: Legs & Calves - Going to try this light on the weights to see how my knee behaves
Friday: Shoulders & Abs + 3-4 easy miles of runnin
Saturday: REST - but won't actually be resting at all since I have to work an event all day on my feet :(
Sunday: GO TO YOGA!

In delicious food news I bought the Eat-Clean Diet Cookbook 2 this weekend and made Halibut with Minted Lima Bean Puree for dinner...fancy!! And delicious!!

I should probably become a food photographer :)
Question: Do you have any foods you are scared to cook?  I used to be scared of halibut because it's so expensive I don't want to ruin it but I got comfortable with salmon and other white fish first before upgrading to trying halibut.

2 comments:

Ali Mc said...

I don't have any foods I'm scared to cook....but there are definitely foods I won't cook ;) haha

and YAY for outside runs. That's so awesome. they are better than treadmills anyday!

Coy Martinez said...

I'm scared to cook anything but spaghetti. It's the one meal I haven't royally screwed up. I'm just a crappy cook. My kids love my lasagna and that's a plus.