The rules of this post:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog (FB page or other Social site) and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this. You legitimately have to tag people! <---I have no idea what this is talking about but I'll just link to people at the end of this and if they see it they see it, if not...whatever!
11 Random Facts about MarathonLar that you probably never wanted to know:
- I grew up in Eastern Washington hours away from any ocean but had an obsessive love for all things whales growing up and actually got a degree in marine biology.
- I have really bad road rage when driving alone and have to try really hard to contain myself when others are in the car.
- I've only broken one bone in my life so far...my arm...doing a running somersault. Needless to say I never got into gymnastics.
- But I did dabble in figure skating and baton twirling when I was younger.
- My dog, Stacey, is named after my childhood friend (who I'm still friends with) who was actually scared of dogs growing up and still hasn't quite warmed up to them.
- My family loves TV and my dad jokingly says that our family motto is: "It's not WHAT you're watching, it's THAT your watching."
- Which meant canceling my cable recently to save money is KILLING me and I've been known to kill time on the elliptical at the gym just to catch up the Real Housewives or the Kardashians.
- I've been a bridesmaid 7 times now...never the bride ;).
- I just bought my first pair of Lululemon pants...and now I have to wait two torturous weeks for them to get hemmed.
- I eat two scrambled eggs for breakfast every single morning
- I want to move to a tropical island and live a life of leisure as a bartender or barista!
- Favorite Color: ORANGE!
- What's your favorite season? Late summer when it actually gets warm in Seattle
- Do you have any pre-race superstitions? No superstitions necessarily but routine for SURE! The key for me is having a hearty breakfast with coffee 2 hours before race time.
- Favorite food: Chocolate!
- If you could run a race anywhere, what would it be? Anywhere along a beautiful coastline! But I do have dreams to run all the world major marathons :)...got one down...Chicago!
- Would you be doing a different career now, if you knew back then what you know now? If money wasn't an issue I would run my own coffee shop
- How many states have you traveled to? Oh man, if I had to guess and didn't include airports I would say about 15.
- What's one thing that scares you? Right now...my dog dying eventually since she is starting to show her age more and more every day :(
- Where is your favorite place to workout? I'm kind of obsessed with my gym right now
- Would you want to live forever? No, because then what would there be to live for ;)
- What's the best piece of advice you have received? Wow, this is a tough one...my dad always told me to "pay yourself first" in regards to saving for retirement and I've always listened to that.
So I'm going to be lame and break the rules and not tag anyone...sorry! But answer the following in the comments for fun:
1. Do you remember the first blog you started following? Mine was The Runner's Kitchen
2. Name one non running/fitness thing you are doing this weekend? I'm going to two concerts!