Thursday, January 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Snowed In Edition

I'm not sure if you've heard, but the Pacific Northwest got blasted with a winter storm the past two days.  I have about 3 inches on the ground here covered by 1/2 inch of ice.  Now, I know what many of you people might be thinking...3 inches...wimpy!  And while I agree with you, Seattle is NOT prepared for this...we don't have many snow plows and there are huge hills around every corner.  Basically the city is at a standstill and I've been off work for two days now.


Here is what I've been up to all snowed in...

1. Redbox: I don't have much cable and with this weather the ONLY thing on is continuous news coverage about where it's snowing and videos of people sliding down hills in their cars.  But I do have a redbox literally next door to where I live.  I've been really busy watching Fright Night, Super 9, The Ides of March, and Another Earth.
Really, really good movie! source
2. Cooking and Baking: Between movies, napping, and cleaning, I did some cookin!  I made some amazing roasted brussel sprouts and butternut squash with a maple dijon dressing, recipe to come!  I'm also experimenting with coconut flour right now and baked up a banana bread with it.  It looks pretty weird, but doesn't taste bad at all!

3. Snuggling with my pup: Sometimes I feel like the worst dog owner on the planet when I'm gone at work all day and then come home for 5 minutes and leave to do something else, so being home these past couple of days has been nice, although Stacey has been mostly doing this:
this confirms my suspicions that she literally sleeps ALL day long on my bed
Question: What is your favorite indoor activity on a snowy day?

6 comments:

Xaarlin said...

Cute pooch! Stay warm!!

Ali Mc said...

your pup is so cute, I love baked veg and we finally got some more snow yesterday!

Photina said...

We went out and had some snow fun the first day and then stayed indoors yesterday. The girls did some crafts and I sewed some quilt blocks together. The snow has been crazy here. Grateful we didn't lose power though. I know many who are without it.

Coy Martinez said...

I think the ice with the snow is what makes it kinda miserable. Just snow isn't too bad but ice just sucks.

That's a pretty snazzy snow man out there!!

I'm with you on the movies! I wanna watch Ides of March in the next day or so! See what all the hub bub is about :)

Ricole said...

We lost power today so I was so bored and cold! Ready for the storm and the slop to be gone! I also hit up Red Box, I watched Moneyball and it was pretty good. Recommend any of those movies?

Marathon Lar said...

@Ricole...I have Moneyball waiting for me for this afternoon, can't wait to watch it. I would HIGHLY recommend The Ides of March, really really good, especially in light of the political process we are going through right now with presidential primaries. Super 8 was pretty good, very ET like.