Sunday, August 19, 2012

Liebster Blog Award

Hey...I won my first award!  Well not quite, but Andrea, Tasha and Lena nominated me over the past couple of days for the Liebster award floating around the blogosphere.  I believe it started to highlight smaller blogs and to help others find other smaller blogs to start following.  I'm honored to participate, thanks ladies!

The Liebster Blog award asks the blogger to do the following:
1. Answer 11 questions posted by the person who nominated you.
2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
3. Nominate 11 blogs.
4. Write 11 questions for the blogs you nominate.

Since I have a lot of questions to answer, I'm going to just answer the question from the ladies and not do 11 random facts...I don't want to bore you all to death :).

Andrea asked the following:

1. What's your current running/fitness goal? Oh, loaded question for me right now as I honestly don't have any and I'm totally ok with that.  This time last year I was consumed with marathon training and while I do like having a plan I'm just going to try new things.  First up, Crossfit! I bought a 30 class online coupon deal to a local box so I'm going to give that a chance and see what all the hype is about. And doing anything fun with friends like Flywheel, Adventure Runs and more!
I'm having a blast working out with new blog friends!
2. What's your guilty pleasure running song? I only get to pick one!  I remember during one half marathon (can't remember which one) I honestly put Miley Cyrus The Climb on repeat for the last 3 miles and it totally helped me push through! Right now my gym jams playlist is made up of music mostly found on C89.5!

3. Do you have a favorite post race meal/restaurant? I used to religiously follow up almost every long run and half marathon race with a bagel and cream cheese and a chocolate shake or jamba juice smoothie.

4. Do you have siblings? Yep, one younger brother!  He recently moved back to Seattle so we have been spending a lot more time together...I like it!
bro and I - Halloween 2011
5. Are you right or left handed? RIGHT!

6. Best meal of your life? My mom's cheesy chicken every year for my birthday and all the other days of the year I demand it :)

7. Where would you want to retire? Oh man, retirement is so far far away but I would LOVE to live right on the beach somewhere, preferably a warm beach maybe in another country.

8. Favorite day of the week? I kind of really love Sundays because it is usually my relax, unwind, rest kind of day that usually includes lots of TV watching and leisurely dog walks.

9. What did you want to be when you were little? I went through a lot of phases including an astrologer, a geologist, an anthropologist, but most of the time I wanted to be a marine biologist (did someone say science NERD). Shockingly enough, I actually do work in the marine field now...I'm lucky!

10.  Cat or dog person? DOG...DUH! I'm actually kind of allergic to cats.
LOOK at that face!
11. Ever have major surgery? Unless you count wisdom teeth as major than not yet (fingers crossed).

Tasha asked:

1. What is your favorite season and why? Fall in Seattle!  It's not too warm and the rain hasn't quite returned so it's usually a sunny 65 and beautiful!

2. If you could travel anywhere in the world where would you go?  I have always wanted to visit Australia so that is definitely first on my list.

3. If you were a car what would you be?  If we are talking about what is closest to my personality I would say something responsible like a Subaru.  If you were are talking about what I wish I was I would say more of a Audi convertible :).

4. What is your biggest pet peeve?  I have to pick just one? ;)  Honestly, people who are late really bother me. I've always been an extremely punctual person so when friends are late to things without a legitimate excuse other than "oh I just couldn't get out the door"...that bugs me!

5. Your dream job would be? I would have to say something with an aquarium taking care of the animals.

6. Do you prefer cats or dogs?  Such a popular question, refer to question 10 above and here is another Stacey pic for your pleasure.
7. If you could be an actor in any movie what would it be?  Baby from Dirty Dancing...LOVE that movie!
I was Baby in a corner for H-ween one year :)
8. Do you prefer running or strength training?  BOTH!  I kind of love both right now and think I have a good balance down.

9. What are three food items you can't live without? Eggs, cheese, and coffee!

10. What is your biggest fear? Oh, we are getting deep here.  Probably just loosing someone in my family or my doggie dying since she is getting older :(

11. What is your biggest accomplishment that you are proud of?  Finally getting a job I can see as a real career and being able to support myself!

And now Lena's questions

1. What fuels your desire to run best? Encouragement or discouragement? Always trying to achieve that personal record is usually what fuels me and I'm only encouraged by how much faster I'm getting each and every year.

2. Have you lived in multiple cities? States? Where was your favorite? I was born in upstate NY but don't remember living there.  Otherwise, I grew up in Eastern Washington, went to college in Bellingham and moved to Seattle.  I LOVE Bellingham to death but the job market up there is pretty much non-existent so I still love Seattle!

3. What was your favorite subject in school and why?  I loved my marine biology classes in college since we got to take them at a marine center on the water.

4. What was your proudest achievement to date? Since I sort of answered that above I'll say that running wise running a marathon and finally achieving that sub 2 hour half!

Post marathon with my cutest supporter and cousin!
5. Who is your favorite musician/band? I really listen to a wide range of things all the time but more recently some of my favorites is Blind Pilot.

6. What piece of exercise gear can you not live without? Good socks! I spend money for good ones and (knock on wood) I have never lost a toe, got a million blisters or had any chafing problems.

7. What do you know now that you wish you had known when you first started running?  The importance of strength training and not just running running running!

8. What is your absolute favorite thing to do? Probably travel!  I don't do it nearly enough but I look forward to even small weekend trips more than anything.

9. What race is on the top of your bucket list? After running the Ragnar relay for so many years in a row I really want to take on Hood to Coast next!

10. If you could go anywhere in the world on vacation where would it be and why? Refer to Tasha's number 2 question!

11. Do you have a phobia? Yes...SNAKES!! Definitely stems from my mother who is deathly afraid of them and can't even watch them on TV...she past in on to me although I can watch them on TV :)

I know I'm breaking the rules by not nominating 11 bloggers but I think this award has made it's way around to every single blog I follow, so please just check out the ladies who nominated me for some stories!

Question: Any "new" bloggers out there you recently started following? Tell me so I can check them out too!

No comments: