Friday, May 27, 2011

Eating from A to Z

One of my favorite bloggers out in the blogger world meals & moves did a post in response to an A-Z survey.  I'm not one for survey's really but this one looked really fun so why not!

A: is for Apple, what is your favorite variety:
I love me a granny smith apple, but I have to have it cooked because raw apples make my mouth itch really badly...super weird I know, but it's true

B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of? 
I recently sampled Famous Dave's Sin Dawg bread and it was the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.  I'm too afraid to actually buy a loaf in the event I would gnaw through the loaf in one sitting. 
 
C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!)
I actually don't eat cereal anymore but growing up my favorite was Cocoa Pebbles because we only got them once in a while and I would eat them for breakfast and after school snack every day.

D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
Top Pot maple bar...hands down! 

E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
I have my 2 eggs scrambled almost every morning but nothing beats my dad's way of cooking them over medium.

F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
I eat fat free greek yogurt on almost a daily basis. 

G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Trader Joes, PCC Natural Market and Whole Foods (WF only when I'm feeling extra rich!)

H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Tall soy latte please...sometimes with 2 pumps coconut syrup if I need to pretend I'm somewhere warm and tropical which is almost daily in Seattle these days.

I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
Ben and Jerry's Half Baked!  I would add some sunflower seed butter since ice cream obviously isn't creamy enough already.
Two of my favorite desserts (brownies and cookie dough) mixed with ice cream = HEAVEN

J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
I don't have jam or jelly often but when I do I don't really have a flavor preference. I got a jar of homemade jalepeno jelly once and it was AMAZING on crackers with cream cheese.

K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Haven't had too much Kashi but I like Kashi Go Lean cereal on top of yogurt...adds just the right about of sweetness and crunch.

L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
Lunch is going to be at Vios at Third Place Books...I'll most likely have some sort of gyro.  I'm hoping to get enough cash from my used books to help pay for the lunch :).

M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
I don't put much in the microwave except for leftovers so I'm going to take a pass on this one.

N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
Proteins for sure...cheese, greek yogurt, chicken, salmon...YUMM

O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
Most of the time olive oil, but I've been experimenting with coconut oil and toasted sesame seed oil is amazing in Asian

P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
I try to have protein at every meal/snack and my daily favorites include eggs, hummus, tuna salad, greek yogurt, and whatever meat I have at dinner.

Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I don't eat oats very often but when I do I like them with honey, craisins, some sunflower seed butter and a splash of soy milk.

R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Right now, asparagus...I probably eat 2 bunches a week. Drizzed with olive oil, salt and pepper, roasted at 425 for about 10 minutes = perfection!

Easter dinner this year...salmon, roasted asparagus, coconut milk wild rice and a side salad
S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
Don't eat a ton of sandwiches but I do LOVE Metropolitan Market's grilled cheese with red onion confit jam!

T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
I don't "handle" anything, I indulge on travel and eat what I want...isn't that what travel is all about?

U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
This one is tough. I just discovered that yams with sunflower seed butter, sea salt and cinnamon are pretty delicious...does that sound weird?

V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
This should be more like what SHOULD I take which is Vitamin D, Omega 3 and a multivitamin, I should get back on that.

W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
NAY!! I'm not a big spicy fan...I'm the gal who orders 1 star at Thai restaurants.

X: XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
Just finished a spinach feta wrap and ice coffee from Starbucks and I'm about to eat a banana.

Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?

Cheesy Chicken
Hostess cupcakes
Pepperoni bread - I need to post this recipe to the blog...it's famous (just ask any of my friends)
Cocoa pebbles

Man, I ate really well growing up...or I just remembered the bad (meaning delicious) things. My mom actually cooked pretty well balanced meals for us on a daily basis.

Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
My favorite is in ribbons tossed with pasta!

And to copy meals & moves even more take the two to three letters from your initials and find the corresponding questions, then answer them. That will be fun.

3 comments:

Brian S said...

A is for Arbys
B is for Baskin Robbins
C is for Carls Jr
D is for Dairy Queen
E is for Ezells Chicken
F is for Five Guys Burgers
G is for Godfathers Pizza
H is for Hardees
I is for Ivars
J is for Jack in the Box
K is for KFC
L is for Las Margaritas
M is for McDonalds
N is for Noah's Bagels
O is for Olive Garden
P is for Panera Bread
Q is for Quzinos
R is for Red Robin
S is for Subway
T is for Taco Bell
U is for Uncle Si's Pizza
V is for Vahalla
W is for Wendys
X is for iXtapa
Y is for Yoshi's
Z is for Zips

Leslee said...

THIS is AWESOME!!!

Marathon Lar said...

That was impressive Brian! How long did that take you to do?