Wednesday, June 5, 2013

National Running Day - A Trip Down Memory Lane

Unless you live under a great big black rock and never look at twitter, blogs, facebook, etc...today is National Running Day. AND, there is one thing I won't be doing today...running :).

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of celebrating such a healthy activity on a national level but I don't feel the need to go running today, plus my legs are super tired from my weekend activities and running 10 total miles yesterday...oopsie.

I'm a runner so I already run on a regular basis, but I do think that this day is the perfect excuse for those who are just thinking about starting to run or maybe those who have fallen off the running wagon to lace up those shoes and get out there again!

I don't really have a point to this post other than to post some of my all time favorite running memories in picture form...really for my own enjoyment.

Photo timeline of my running history here we go:

How it all began, 2008 Seafair 1/2 marathon with my original running ladies!
Traveling to run became a fun activity! 2010 Big Sur half mary!
Discovered the awesomeness of relays starting in 2009 with Ragnar Relay Northwest Passage
Then I got crazy and finally ran a marathon - 2011 Chicago Marathon!
The start of making some awesome new blog friends - 2012 Mt. Si Relay
Meeting awesome local companies and more bloggers! 2012 Ragnar with Nuun!
10th half mary completed in Sedona!
2013 Nuun Ambassador!
Of course this doesn't even really cover all the awesome things running, this blog, and meeting so many new people has provided me over the past 5 years, but I'm sure you don't all want to scroll through hundreds of photos like I do right ;).

I hope you all enjoy National Running Day however you please...running, biking, swimming, walking or enjoying a probably well deserved rest day like myself!

No comments: