1. Paleo OMG's Pumpkin Cream Chicken Casserole - pretty pumpkiny but isn't super flavorful. I would probably double all the spices next time and maybe add something green like spinach or kale.
2. Pumpkin coconut pancakes!
I woke up this morning with time on my hands and decided to tackle pancakes. For some reason I NEVER have luck with pancakes (I think I'm too impatient to wait to flip them), but I decided to experiment this morning with paleo inspired panckes. I did some google searching for "coconut flour pancakes" and got the jist of what I needed and then came up with a recipe on my own based on what I had.
The recipe makes 4 decent sized pancakes and if you were sharing these and had a side of bacon it would be a good breakfast for two...I ate them all myself :)
|Slathered in sunflower seed butter, shredded coconut and a drizzle of agave!|
Pumpkin Coconut Flour Pancakes
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
1/4 coconut spread (oil or butter work too)
1/4 - 1/2 coconut milk
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp baking soda
toppings - optional but highly recommended - sunflower seed butter, shredded coconut, drizzle of agave syrup
1. Combine everything starting with 1/4 cup of coconut milk and mix. Add coconut milk until it gets to desired pancake consistency.
2. Heat coconut oil in a large saute pan over medium heat
3. Add large dollop (I used 1/3 cup) to heated oil
4. WAIT...be patient...my pancakes took almost 4 minutes before flipping
5. FLIP and cook on other side for 2-3 minutes or until done
6. Top with whatever your little heart desires and you should probably serve it with bacon which I didn't have :( :(
Yummy! I made successful pancakes and it wasn't that scary, maybe I'll try this again sometime.
|This stuff is GOOD!|