Thursday, September 1, 2011

The 100 Mile Club!

Okay, I just made up that club, but when I realized it was the end of August I took a peek at my Daily Mile stats and WHOA!  125 miles in the month of August!  Far and away my highest mileage month of my life, which clearly makes sense since I'm training for a marathon but it still surprised me.
I officially started training for the Chicago Marathon at the beginning of July, but was in training mode for half marathons since March.  It is really amazing to see my mileage creep and then BAM...over 100! 

You can visit my training page for details on all the marathon training weeks. 

I can honestly say I feel like I'm in the best shape of my life right now and I'm ready to take on this marathon with everything I have!  I guess you could say after realizing that I ran 125 miles in August I had an "a-ha" moment as Oprah says...as in "a-ha, I really can run a marathon".  Something I never dreamed would happen when I began running 4 years ago. 
I just got a mac at work and took some time yesterday to discover the photo features that I'm sure will be useful in my everyday job duties.

This is called "comic book"...I don't know why I decided to be scared about it.

Question: What has been one of your running a-ha moments?

4 comments:

Xaarlin said...

Congrats on the 125! That's seriously awesome :)

My running a ha moment is realizing that my body can endure a lot more than my mind will let it. So now, I make my head get out of the way so I can push more and see more improvements.

Raquelita said...

Awesome mileage month! I was amazed at how I felt the day after my past couple of long runs. No soreness at all. Wow! I guess I really am a runner. :)

Unknown said...

My running a-ha happened 3 weeks ago- I ran 5 miles for the first time since March. Halfway through I tripped and fell and was bleeding everywhere (gross I know)...I picked myself back up and kept going. I realized right then and there that I truly do love running!!

Nice work on your mileage :)

Marathon Lar said...

Love all the a-ha moments! Emily-that runners high/adrenaline must have kicked-in to power you home!