|Well in Chicago time it's less than 30 days!|
1. WEATHER - There is no reason this should be my number 1 fear because I can't control it at all but I've heard of past Chicago marathon's in the blazing heat and then some in the freezing cold. I would like to put in an order for partly cloudy skies with temperatures from 55-65 degrees please...thanks! And don't even get me started on the wind and thunderstorms.
|Source: weather.GOV <---the only trusted source for accurate weather|
3. GETTING SICK - This has never been a race worry for me, since I'm a very healthy person and rarely get sick. Well, that changed with the Kirkland half marathon that never was and you better believe I'm starting a Vitamin C regimen right now to boost my immune system anyway I can.
And now for the positive stuff:
1. RUNNING 26.2 MILES - Never in a million years (okay 4 years) did I believe I would be running a full marathon when I began running in 2008. I know the emotion of crossing that finish line will be overwhelming and I hope I can keep it together and not start bawling for the last .2 miles. My friend Lindsey and the motivator behind us all running this marathon had the BIGGEST smile across her face as she ran the last stretch of her first marathon in 2010 and she said she immediately started bawling at the finish line and a lady ran up to her and started hugging her and said "I'm a crier too!".
2. I FEEL STRONG - As corny as that sounds I definitely feel as strong as I've ever been since I have run more than I ever have and been consistent about weight training. I'm confident that my body will survive the marathon and am actually looking forward to doing it.
3. MY FRIENDS - I can't say enough about how excited I am to be sharing this experience with two of my best friends, Stace and Kath! We have shared countless emails, phone calls, and runs with each other leading up to October 9 and I'm just as excited for them to cross the finish line as I am myself!
|I have hot friends...don't be jealous!|
|See...we are fun! In case you're wondering I am being superwoman, Lindsey is being some strong person, and Kath is being a flamingo.|
QUESTION: What goes through your mind one month before a big race?