Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are You Racing With a Stache on Saturday?

Hey, remember that little 5k I mentioned a while ago!  Well the Mustache Dash has tuned into quite the blogger extravaganza and I'm pretty sure I don't know anyone who ISN'T running it which means it is going to be awesome.

You can still sign up to run or volunteer, so do it!

Since I happen to live directly across the street from the race course I took it upon myself to run the course a week ago just to make sure everything was in good order...kidding! I actually run that route almost weekly but I did go the extra mile (or rather 1/2 mile) to make sure I got the 5K distance.  You all should know that this course is pretty easy and very scenic.  There is one HILL and I bet if you challenged yourself to sprint it up it you wouldn't even notice it...it's teeny tiny!

Becky and I are having a slumber party the night before and are going to soak in the fact that we can cross the street to the start line by sleeping in and having a leisurely breakfast.  While I would love to have ALL of you over before the race I'm pretty sure my condo would explode so sorry...no pre-race mimosas at my place :(.

Now the most important question! What will I be wearing?  I'm not usually one to dress up for races, certainly not like the fabulous Stacie, but I did think about my outfit a little more than usual.

Of course the mustache...
Courtesy of Becky, I'll be sporting a hot pink stache...whose jealous?
To return the favor of the pink stache, I bought us matching pink stache knee high socks, who on earth thought of putting little black mustaches on pink socks I don't know, but thank you for the opportunity to wear these once in my life!


Oh and about a time goal?  Nah, I'm just going to run run run for fun fun fun!  I'm a lot speedier than I was even a year ago so I imagine I'll get a PR anyways...woohoo!

SO...blogger/nonblogger ladies...who is signed up for this race?  Comment please!  There aren't any plans for an official meetup but I'm guessing this race won't be too large so see you in the beer garden post race, maybe we can all challenge each other to see who can stay on the mechanical bull the longest ;).

No comments: