Monday, November 14, 2011

LiveFit Trainer Week 4 Recap

I'm still not sure if I'm going to stick with these weekly recaps but since I can't figure out anything else to blog about here we go :).  The end of week 4 actually signifies the end of Phase 1 and I honestly didn't expect to notice any changes, especially since I wasn't really following the meal plan and I skipped a couple workouts.  However, I have definitely noticed that I'm a little more toned looking and I jumped on the scale and have actually lost about 5 pounds over the last month.  I don't usually stress about my weight or weigh myself very often but I don't fluctuate much so I know the 5 pounds is gone and I can only assume it's because of the weight training...bonus side effect!

So, here is what week 4 looked like online:
source
And here is what I actually did:

Monday: Chest & Triceps
I like that the rep range (10 reps) is smaller so I tried to up the weight for some of the exercises while still trying to keep a minute between sets.  The workout still takes less than an hour which I love, but I'm not getting too used to it since I know they will be longer in Phase 2.

Tuesday: Legs
I actually woke up at 5AM and went to the gym...yikes!  It was hard but I had a work event after work so I knew I had to do the workout in the morning.  I warmed up with 10 minutes on the bike and got to squating and lunging.  I actually hadn't done this workout yet (skipped it last week) and all the weighted squats and lunges really worked my whole legs, I was FEELIN it the next day.

Wednesday: Rest
I was supposed to use Wednesday as my extra day to do whatever and I was going to go to Element 5 for bootcamp but I was exhausted and sore so I listened to my body and did nothing!

Thursday: Shoulders & Abs
I really tried to up the weight on the shoulder exercises since I don't feel like I've pushed myself in this department yet.  I still think I could bump it up even more in the next phase.  I'm hoping a REAL pull-up is in my near future :).

Friday: Back & Biceps
Veteran's day = day of off work so I woke up and went into the gym in the morning which was nice and quiet.

Saturday & Sunday: REST
I know Phase 2 is going to be challenging so I rested up my tired and sore muscles so I'm ready to go on Monday.  I spent the weekend eating great food, hanging out with some great friends, and seeing a great band...all around GREAT weekend. 

And since no post would be complete without some pictures, here are some random ones from my phone:

That would be a variety pack of cocoa from Costco!
AHH...baby gorilla!  She is 4 years old and that is her mama.
Cutie Brecken checking out the penguins

Question: Do any of you make it a point to say "hi" to people you are working out around in the gym?  I find it a little odd that everyone is so silent when they are literally working out inches from one another.

1 comment:

Christy @ My Dirt Road Anthem: A Runner's Blog said...

I hope my Costco has that cocoa! That looks really good!