Saturday, June 18, 2011

Okay, I'm going to Say it...

It is one week until my next half marathon. Of course, I didn't think this would be my first half marathon of 2011, but unfortunately my health got in the way of my first attempt in May.

Next Saturday is the annual Rock and Roll Seattle marathon and half marathon and I love this race!  This will be my third year running it and I love the energy of the over 25,000 runners, the bands, and all the cheering along the course.  There is seriously no stretch where there aren't people cheering you on which makes for the best motivation to keep running your fastest. The course is relatively easy with minimal hills, gorgeous scenery, and amazing on-course support.  This of course only applies to the half course...I can't comment on the marathon course :)

Best of all I'm running this race with my ladies who with this whole running business started back in 2008.
We had NO idea what we were getting ourselves into on this morning back in 2008. Happy 4th anniversary ladies! 
So, what is my goal for this half marathon you ask?  I have told various friends and briefly mentioned it on this blog before, but I'm going to say it confidently this time...

I am GOING to run a sub 2 hour half marathon!

I feel confident that I can race this half marathon and I am ready to push myself next Saturday morning.  I am usually a very conservative person when it comes to long distance races and stress over going out too fast, keeping a certain pace, blah blah blah.  My secondary goal is to let these fears go and just race.  What if I don't reach my time goal?  As long as I go out and race and leave all my energy on the course I'll have nothing to regret.  And secretly (well not anymore), if I don't get a sub 2 hour time at Rock and Roll I'll probably sign up for another half this summer to attempt it again.


Between now and next week I plan on taking it VERY easy running wise so my legs are fresh and ready to race on Saturday! 

QUESTION: Who do you know running the Seattle race??  Are you??  I will be in the family meetup area at letter V after the race meeting back up with my friends if you want to stop by and say HI. 

4 comments:

ashley said...

you totally got this! i'm excited to hear you come back telling stories of sub-2! :) i always run solo, but your group of ladies looks fun! if only i had real life runner friends haha :)

Marathon Lar said...

Thanks Ashley! Can't wait to hear your race recap as well! It's funny my group of ladies usually splits up around mile 3 and we run our own race. But we do enjoy long training runs together.

Janel and Brad said...

Good luck!!

Margot (fasterbunnyblog) said...

You are going to be awesome. And break 2. And honestly, even if you don't, that's just another opportunity to have a great race later :).

You got it, girrllfriieennddd.