This recipe pretty much combines all the great things I can eat during week 3 of the Whole Living cleanse including quinoa, shrimp and of course veggies. I'm not usually a fan of using multiple pots and pans and I haven't mastered the whole cook the quinoa with everything else thing so this is what you get for now, if you have any ideas to make it easter or faster let me know!
Lemony Quinoa with Shrimp and Sautéed Greens
Serves: 4 as an entree probably 6-8 as a side
1 cup dried quinoa
2 cups vegetable broth (you can use water)
1 tablespoon coconut oil (or whatever oil you desire)
1 diced red bell pepper or whatever pepper you have
1/2 diced yellow onion
1-2 garlic cloves chopped
1/2lb frozen cooked shrimp (like the amazing bags with tails off from trader joes)
1/2 bag or a few handfuls of cooking greens (like the Southern Greens Blend from trader joes)
Scallions (for garnish)
1. Rinse that quinoa good. Evidently there is a nasty tasting outer coating on this grain so rinse well!
2. Bring veggie broth and quinoa to a boil, lower to a simmer and cover until all liquid is absorbed, usually 15 minutes
3. Meanwhile, take a large sauté pan and heat up some coconut oil (olive oil would work too)
4. Add your garlic and sauté for a minute
5. Add onion and pepper and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes)
6. Add those greens and mix and mix until they wilt like crazy (you may need to add more oil if things are drying out)
7. Add your frozen shrimp to the mixture so they can defrost
8. Once quinoa is cooked add the zest and juice of one lemon
9. Then add your veggie shrimp mixture
10. Add salt and pepper to taste
11. EAT IT!
|Great TJ's staples!|
|Wilted greens with shrimp|
In other news, it appears as though the last days of summer are officially upon us so Stacey and I went out and enjoyed it yesterday afternoon.
|why are dogs so bad at self portraits!|