Thursday, May 17, 2012

Trader Joe's Quinoa Curry with Shrimp


I don't need to remind you all of my obsession with Trader Joe's do I?  Well recently my good friend and partner in Vancouver crime, Sonia, introduced me to a delicious combination using all things Trader Joe's.  The great thing about this recipe if you can modify the crap out of it according to your tastes.  You really just need four things: a grain, bottle of curry sauce, a protein, veggies.


Trader Joe's Quinoa Curry with Shrimp

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup uncooked quinoa
  • 1 bottle Trader Joe's Thai Red Curry Sauce
  • 1 bag frozen cooked Trader Joe's Shrimp
  • Veggies of your choosing - I had bell pepper, broccolini, shallots and some kale
  • Salt to taste
  • Olive oil

Directions:

  • Cook that quinoa according to the package - make sure to rinse it with cold water first!
  • Chop those veggies
  • Heat olive oil in skillet and begin sauteing veggies
  • When veggies are soft add frozen shrimp and half the bottle of curry sauce
  • When the quinoa is done add the other half of the bottle of curry sauce and stir
  • Serve it up and eat it already!


My quinoa came out a tad runny so I would probably use less water than the box called for next time but it was still super delicious, super easy and super nutritious! 

The possibilities are endless with this dish just remember the four staple ingredients:
  1. Pick a grain - The first time I made this I was super lazy and just heated up two bags of Trader Joe's instant brown rice. Doing the paleo thing? Cauliflower rice could work!
  2. Thai Red Curry Sauce - I imagine you could use another curry sauce with this but that would just be cheating on TJ's and I don't know why you would do that!
  3. Protein - chicken would be delicious too or even tofu if you are a vegetarian
  4. Veggies - literally just throw in whatever veggies are in your fridge, you can't go wrong
Question: Have you made anything new to you lately and now you are obsessed with it like I am with this recipe?

No comments: