Thursday, April 19, 2012

Three Things Thursday - Trader Joes!

I'm sure I don't need to convince you all of the amazingness that is Trader Joes and for those of you out there who don't have one in your city, you should probably just move somewhere that does...ok?

There are countless reasons this grocery store rocks including cheap cheese, awesome frozen entrees, chocolate covered anything and the list goes on.  But, I have been partial to three products lately that I usually have 2 on hand at any given time because if I run out past 10PM any night (TJ's closing time) I need to have a backup.

1. Green Goddess Dressing
Dinner tonight, greens, chicken, avacado, cucumber, feta and GREEN GODDESS goodness!
This tahini based dressing is super super delicious, low in calories, and doesn't have a ton of ingredients.  It turns any salad in a creamy wonderland.  A standard lunch for me would include spinach, tuna, avocado and this dressing!

2. Spicy Chile Sauce

Again, super delicious, REALLY low in calories and super super flavorful.  With pretty much any meal I usually poor a little side dish of this deliciousness and just dip whatever I'm eating into it, so far nothing has been gross.  But the best thing to dip it in is meatballs!

3. Smoked Sea Salt
I learned about this new gem from Mama Pea and I'm pretty sure my blood pressure goes up just thinking about this salt.  It ads a whole new dimension to salt and I have substituted it for salt in almost everything I've made, but not baked goods...not sure how that would turn out.

And I know this isn't 4 things Thursday but I literally picked this up last night at Trader Joe's and had a lengthy conversation with my checker about the deliciousness of coconut milk ice cream and how Trader Joe's is so awesome!  Our conversation convinced the person in line behind me to go get some for herself.

Coconut milk ice cream - about half the cost of Coconut Bliss sold in fancy supermarkets, BUY SOME NOW!

In relay news, sadly Tiffany will no longer be running with us but I think we found ourselves a worthy replacement...Zoe at Run, Zoe, Run! I've been following her blog for a while now, so I'm excited to meet her in person and run hopefully our first of two relays together (crossing fingers...Hood to Coast announces their team next week!!)

Question: What is your favorite TJ's product?  If you don't live near one do you  need me to mail you any of the above :)?

No comments: