I really had no intention for my blog other than to document training for my first marathon to try and hold me accountable for making sure I ran every week. I had NO IDEA what kind of blog world was out there and the huge community of super awesome ladies (and some men!) that I would meet virtually and even in person. After actually running a marathon I thought about just pulling the plug on the whole blog and going back to regularly scheduled life but I felt like I would be letting down my now 38 google followers and whoever else happened to read this little gem on the internet. Plus I really feed off all the energy from other blogs and get REALLY excited when people comment on mine so I figured I would keep it going.
|My FIRST half marathon in 2008|
|My FIRST marathon in 2011|
So, in honor of my 1 blogiversary I want to share some blog lovin to those blogs that I've fallen in love (is love too strong a word? I promise I'm not a creepy stalker...) over the past year and you should read them if you already aren't. Since there is NO possible way I can just pick 3 blogs for 3 Things Thursday I'll do three categories.
1. Running Blogs
- The Runner's Kitchen - literally the very first running blog I found and started following
- Redonkulous Runner - another blog I followed early on and a person I would LOVE to meet in person
- SkinnyRunner - mainly because I'm convinced she is actually a robot because of how much she runs every day
- These Happy Miles - She ran Chicago too and helped me stay motivated
- Hungry Runner Girl - because I wish I could eat like she does and stay that skinny :)
- Blonde Ponytail - this Washington girl is a fitness guru and she has awesome workouts and videos to try new things
- Losing Weight in the City - I just like how real this blog is and how finding time to workout and eat right is sometimes near impossible
- Meals & Moves - just read it, Janetha is awesome and she has some great recipes!
- Daily Garnish - even though she is vegetarian I still love every single thing I've made of hers
- Peas and Thank You - I'm not a vegan or a mom but this lady is hilarious and I've made MANY MANY things from her blog and cookbook and you should too!
- Can You Stay For Dinner - food photography...enough said! Plus I've made her lemon sugar roasted chicken about 10 times now and I never get sick of it.
- Chocolate Covered Katie - if you are ever craving something sweet but want it to be on the healthy side head to Katie's blog for tons of inspiration. I've made these and these and this!
- Running with Spatulas - I'm pretty sure Alie and I would be BFF's if we didn't live in different countries :(
- paleOMG - Juli is hilarious!!! And I've been thinking about going paleo for a while so her recipes are making it sound like a darn good time.
- Clean Eating Chelsea - all around good readin
- Once Upon a (L)ime - she makes cocktails with Nuun...enough said
So, where is this blog going in the next year? I have no idea, but for right now I'm having fun in this blog world and I intend on staying for awhile.
Question: What is a new to you blog you just started following and that I should follow too?