Thursday, November 10, 2011

Three Things Thursday - The Taste of Fall

Along with not being consumed by running every day after work comes more cooking and baking!  I have starred many blog entries in my Google reader lately and over the past couple of weeks I've had the chance to actually go through and make some of them.

1. Pumpkin Cupcakes with Pumpkin Spiced Cream Cheese Frosting:
From the SkinnyTaste website that takes everyday recipes and makes them a little lighter.  I made these for Halloween and brought them into work.  I bring pretty much all my baking experiments in for my coworkers and I usually let them eat one before I tell them how many calories are in them.  Everyone was VERY surprised how moist and buttery they tasted but with only 120 something calories a piece! 

source

2. Mama Peas Spicy African Peanut Slow Cooker Soup:
I made this via Mama Peas amazing cookbook, but it's also available from her blog...lucky you! It couldn't be easier and you only have ONE thing to chop.  Otherwise, you open up some cans, measure out some spices and voila...dinner!  I added some spinach to mine at the end to give it some green.

3. Daily Garnish Spiced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies:
I've made these twice in one week and even my vegan, allergic to everything, coworker loved them.  They are light and cakey, with a subtle pumpkin spice kick!  I used craisins instead of raisins because I'm obsessed with them.  I'm not sharing my second batch, they are all for me!

You should take my advice and make all of these things in the very near future, you won't regret it!

Question: What is your favorite thing to cook in the fall?  Something with pumpkin, soup?

2 comments:

ashley said...

those cupcakes look so good!!! i tried making a lighten version of lemon cupcakes last weekend (i got it from a blog too).. mine just didn't taste quite right... like they had an after taste or something. oh well, i'll have to try again.

Coy Martinez said...

That looks good! I'm afraid I couldnt be that creative. Dumb right!? I can run a marathon but not bake a pretty cupcake!