Monday, March 31, 2014

Let's Be Running Buddies - Girls on the Run 5K

So I've talked a lot about Girls on the Run and if you are a runner in the Seattle area listen up…Girls on the Run Puget Sound still needs 250 running buddies in order for all the girls to have a buddy for the Spring 5k!  They have expanded their program sooo much in the past year and meeting the demands for volunteers is getting tougher.

Let's help them out!!  All paces are welcome and you simply need to motivate one lucky elementary school girl during their 5k event on Saturday, May 10 at Magnuson Park. You also need to go to their 5k practice held the afternoon of April 28 or 29 depending on the school.  

My speedy runner during the 2011 Spring 5k

I'm going to keep this post short, but just wanted to post something so you had a place with all the information you need to sign up now!

Running Buddy Registration and School List - I'm signed up to be a buddy for Broadview-Thompson!
Info about the 5k event - NOTE: Don't register here if you want to be a running buddy, use the link above, this one is only if you just want to run solo.  

I promise I'll organize a brunch post race for all those that volunteer!  

The time commitment is so minimal, but the impact you could have on one girls life is so huge so sign up today…PLEASE!  I'll see you there!






No comments: