First things first, go to Redonkulous Runner's blog and donate to her NOW! She is giving away some super awesome runner swag that you'll be eligible for by just donating $5 to St. Judes.
Okay, so the anxiety that I will be running a marathon in a couple days has finally set in. I've had millions of fears, doubts and excitements running through my head but I'm trying to keep the thought that I AM READY for this marathon in the front!
So, what have I been up to this week to prepare you ask? I've been trying to rest as much as possible with minimal running.
Three things I've found online to help motivate/prepare me or just make me laugh :)
1. Spirit of the Marathon documentary: A couple friends told me about this documentary which is about the Chicago marathon. It follows a handful of people from first time runners to elite athletes, including the women who won that year Deena Kastor. I'm not gonna lie...I cried for them as they crossed the finish line and realized what an emotional mess I might be when I do the same thing. If you are running Chicago or any marathon WATCH IT! If you have Netflix you can play it now.
2. Reading every recap from last year's Chicago Marathon I can get my hands on: Luckily this was easy since another fellow Chicago runner blogger put them all together...thanks These Happy Miles:
- Theodora of Losing Weight in the City (recap)
- Susan of Nurse on the Run (recap)
- Page of Twenty-Six and Then Some (recap)
- Meghann of Meals and Miles (recap)
- Kelly of Beneath It All (recap)
- Bobbi of N Her Shoes (recap)
- Morgan of Caution Redhead Running (recap)
- Brie of Brie Fit (recap)
- Carla of I Run, You Run (recap)
If you are running a marathon soon or even thinking about taking on the challenge I recommend checking out everything in this post!
I'm flying out to Chicago tonight with my favorite gal pals and meeting many more friends and family in Chicago in a couple days! Not sure I'll be able to blog before I get back next Tuesday but I'll try to at least post that I didn't die before crossing the finish line.
Hi 82 °F
Lo 59 °F
Hi 79 °F
GOOD LUCK to all the Chicago runners and everyone else running a race this weekend!