Thursday, January 2, 2014

Top 5 Moments of 2013

Yeah yeah I've been very absent from this little blog of mine for a while now but I do promise that one of my 2014 goals is to post more regularly…mostly for me cause I like to look back but also for YOU since I enjoy reading your blogs so much you must enjoy mine right? ;)

Instead of writing out a long winded post on everything that was fabulous about 2013 I'll just give you my top 5 so if you missed anything I did this year you can go re-read for yourself.  In no particular order the top 5 moments of MarathonLar are:

1. The Adventures of Spleenless Stacey - talk about a stressful time for me and my pup but I couldn't be more grateful everything turned out well and Stacey is back to her old and, dare I even say, more energetic self!  Having to think about her mortality was pretty hard but I'm happy to know I still have some time left with her.



2. The Government Shutdown So I Played - while this wasn't exactly a great thing during the shutdown I did eventually get paid for a 2.5 week vacation so I guess that is a good thing? Sadly, I don't know if I'll ever have that much consecutive time off from my work again so I did try to take advantage and have a little fun!

A mid-week hike was nice!

3. Relay Running - I ran TWO epic relays! My first ultra Ragnar relay in July that evidently was so much fun I'm doing it again in 2014.  And then of course getting to finally experience the Hood to Coast excitement and more excitedly doing it with Nuun along the way in August.  I can't wait to experience 2014 as a Nuun and Ragnar Ambassador since they were both such a big part of 2013!




4. Discovering the Wonder that is Jasyoga - I've always enjoyed yoga but honestly never found a style or a company that I really jived with until I found Jasyoga.  Plain and simple they do yoga for athletes and know JUST how to stretch you out to walk away feeling refreshed, relaxed, and ready to tackle your next workout even harder.  Combine that with beer and wine drinking and you've got the perfect combo…in my humble opinion.  Their next run/yoga/beer event is on Saturday, January 11…whose comin?

Friends, beer, yoga…who needs more?

5. Being an Ambassador - I've said it before, I'll say it again…I had NO idea what starting this little blog would get me into and never thought it would go beyond me just blabbing to an audience of one (me!).  Getting to meet such awesome people and learn about cool companies has been an absolute surprise perk of this blog and I absolutely love it!  In 2013 I got to pace a friend to a half mary PR as an ambassador for See Jane Run, run Hood to Coast with Nuun as an ambassador, and became a Ragnar Relay Ambassador for the 2014 Northwest Passage race!





While 2013 might not have been filled with new PR's or huge new athletic accomplishments it was spent hanging out with countless new running buddies, motivating new friends to try running, and staying active the whole time…I'll call that a win!

I'm working on my goals for 2014 and I'll share as soon as I'm ready!

QUESTION: Anyone make any new years resolutions/goals that are or running/fitness related? 

No comments: