I made a couple changes to the recipe based on what I had and the fact that sunflower seed butter makes everything more delicious. I halved the original recipe and used an 8x8 square pan.
Sunflower Butter Banana Chocolate Brownies
based on: http://www.dailygarnish.com/2011/04/chocolate-chip-banana-brownies.html
Serves: 16 brownies - depending on your friends addictions to sweets that could mean anywhere from 2-16 servings
- 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup coconut milk (or whatever milk you have on hand)
- 1 medium ripe banana, mashed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 4 tablespoons sunflower seed butter (or other nut butter of your choosing)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together flours, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt
- In another bowl mash the banana and add milk and vanilla
- Add wet to dry and stir until just combined
- Spread in greased 8x8 pan
- Dollop tablespoons of sunflower butter in each corner of pan
- Use a knife to swirl butter around to each brownie gets a delicious bite of sunflower seed butter
- Pop in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until a knife comes out clean
- Remove and let cool for at least 10 minutes or until you can't stand it anymore before cutting and eating.
|Smash that banana|
|Dollop the sunflower seed butter|
|Swirl it around|
Check out Daily Garnish for other delicious recipes! I have also made and LOVED Coconut Oil Almond Butter Cookies and White Cheddar Yogurt Cornbread.
QUESTION: Do you have a go-to sweet treat that you always make or are you like me and just figure out what you have and make something from it?