|All the ladies at our first dinner party last year|
|Asparagus, red pepper, smoked salmon frittata with potato crust (recipe below)|
|Blueberry pancakes...I had 2 but could have ate 10!|
|Kath's famous coffee cake (I'll have to bribe her for the recipe), cinnamon rolls and fruit skewers.|
|We ate picnic style on the floor and as you can see everyone licked their plates!|
I made a frittata adapted from my favorite cooking classes at Green Lake Nutrition. This recipe is switched up a bit from the Broccoli and Smoked Salmon Frittata with Potato Crust from The Whole Life Nutrition Cookbook.
Asparagus, Red Pepper, and Smoked Salmon Frittata with Potato Crust
Time: 40 minutes total
2 cups grated potato (about 1 HUGE potato or 2 smaller ones)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic
1 cup red pepper, chopped (almost one whole pepper)
1-2 cups chopped asparagus (depending on how much you like the stuff!)
1 tablespoon fresh thyme chopped up small
3/4-1 cup chopped smoked salmon
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Plate grated potato and salt in a bowl, let rest for about 10 minutes. The potato will turn a little brown, that's OK! Squeeze out excess water. Oil a pie plate with olive oil or butter and place grated potato into pie plate and press evenly to create "crust".
3. In a medium skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic and saute for 3 minutes. Add pepper and asparagus to soften for 2 more minutes.
4. Add eggs to large bowl with salt, pepper, and thyme and whisk lightly.
5. Add skillet veggies to egg mixture.
6. Pour egg mixture over potato crust.
7. Cook at 375F for 25-30 minutes or until eggs are cooked through.
|Grated potato, you can use a food processor to make this step easier as well!|
|Squeeze out water in colander over sink.|
|Press potato into bottom of pie pan.|
|Finished product before going in oven!|
Question: What is your favorite breakfast food?